Thursday, 30 December 2010

Silhouette-Man short clip

I made this 6 second short clip during my christmas holiday. My aim was to test the character rig i made during the summer with Maya and see if it was usable. it was.. to a certain extent. =A silhouette.

Silhuette-Man from Constantinos Mavromichalis on Vimeo.

Monday, 20 December 2010

Unorganized Crime street-still

This render is made up of 5 different buildings that have been duplicated and modified to look different. with ambient occlusion added and soft shadows instead of harsh ones we got the still to look like we wanted.

Monday, 29 November 2010

"Unorganized Crime" -concept work

Our final animation has changed its name to "Unorganized Crime" and we have finally finished our animatic. Time to start modelling and creating some concept work. I made this apartment in maya just to explore the look of the film. The key element we're gonna use is "ambient oclusion" -which is a separate pass we render on top of the main colored render. These two pictures are a test of how ambient oclusion works. The top picture has got saturation and contrast added to it.


Sunday, 31 October 2010

Modified dollar to suit our film

We are working on an amazing new short animation called Plan Z. It's for our final project in uni and it's a heist film, one of my favorite genres. I modified this dollar bill that we printed out and gave to everyone before our pitch in uni.

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

First ever character rig

i've been delaying character-rigging ever since i started using maya, but i felt the time had come to learn it. This is the first very simple character i modelled and then rigged. Basic body rigging isn't that hard. Next i need to learn to rig a face.


Helping hand

For the past 2 years my mom and the her neighbors have been trying to build a shelter for the bins by their building, but the building ministry has not given them permission. I recommended to my mom that i model the bin area in Maya and print out rendered images of how it would look with the added structure they wanted. I made a bunch of stills from which i chose these three to show you, and they took them to the ministry. They got the permission instantly. Small very simple things like this 6 hour project can help out people more than you think.



Saturday, 22 May 2010

VFX highway test

VFX Action project freeway test (Maya) from Constantinos Mavromichalis on Vimeo.



A test me and Dane did. Inspired by every car chase ever filmed

VFX final set and vehicles

VFX city model



VFX monster model






This is the first time I ever modelled a character or anything that was this organic.

VFX chopper model


Wednesday, 12 May 2010

VFX hummer model







Images of the Hummer I modelled to a special effects animation that I am working on. It took me 8 hours to complete.

Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Doritos add tank lighting vid.

video

From shaded view to fully lit fish-tank... goes through all different lights in the scene.

Doritos add cave texturing vid.

video

From shaded to textured and lit.

Thursday, 1 April 2010

Final aquarium for the Doritos add


This is the final look of the aquarium. I am very happy with how it ended up looking. Everything fit together. I had some problems lighting up the set, but finally got it to work. Many debates were made about the colour and lighting of the back wall, but finally came to the conclusion that a darker wall would work the best to get the viewers focus on the tank.

Tiki-heads for the Doritos add


Here's a closeup of the tiki-heads that daisy designed and i modelled. Mainly i'm happy about the material.

Wednesday, 17 March 2010

a rocky cave for the Dorritos add


This is the rendered image of the rocky cave that I designed. The textures might still be modifies, because to me it looks too basic. I think it needs to be modified to look more worn out. but for a start i am quite happy with how it came out looking.

Concept art for the Doritos add


This is a concept art picture of a rocky cave that we will put in an aquarium for the Dorritos add we are making. Initially we were supposed to make a short film about a cannibal fish, but then saw an add for a Dorritos competition and decided to ditch the film and make a commercial instead.

Sunday, 28 February 2010

Early background-concept for the new short animation.

We have begun working on a new short animation with "the foot apart"-production, which consists of most of the same people as the previous film. In this concept done with photoshop, I wanted to test out the colours in the room where the film takes place. My main focus was on making it a messy, but cosy bungalow, so lots of dark wood and random scattered objects around the room. Because it was mainly a colour test, i didn't bother designing all the random stuff that will eventually be seen in the room. The light from the window was very important to me as well. The wooden shudders block the light slightly and in the final film i'm very keen on having an over exposed light from behind the shutters. It is still early days and this is the first concept i made for the new film.

one of my so far favorites

http://louromano.blogspot.com/2008/10/more-incredibles.html

this guy is amazing.. love the style and his use of lighting is fascinating!!! ...a really inspiring artist. Worked on several pixar films including "The Incredibles" and "Up".